Comfortable Establishment

Painting Description

Built between 1830 and 1839, Lower Fort Garry, thirty-two kilometers north of Winnipeg, served as a depot for the fur trade for the Hudson’s Bay Company. Now restored to a like-new condition, this garrison is staffed with costumed interpreters.

Additional information

SEASON

Summer

LOCATION

Canadian

COMISSION TEXT
MEDIUM VALUE

Acrylic

YEAR

2003

ORIGINAL SIZE

12" x 16"

BASE VALUE

Masonite

STATUS

1

IMAGE ID

2676