Eldon House

Painting Description

Eldon House, built in 1834, is London, Ontario’s oldest remaining house. This eleven-acre site encourages us to look back in time and imagine life as it was for the Harris family. Life at Eldon House in the 1830’s and 40’s must have resembled a Jane Austen novel. Scores of eligible young army officers from the local British garrison flocked to the many balls and parties that were thrown by Mrs. Harris, who naturally was looking for husband material for her daughters. See also Lawn Crochet, Image # P0936.

Additional information

SEASON

Summer

LOCATION

Canadian

COMISSION TEXT
MEDIUM VALUE

Acrylic

YEAR

1996

ORIGINAL SIZE

24" x 18"

BASE VALUE

Masonite

STATUS

1

IMAGE ID

2255